|1300 mm Helmholtz Coils||- Versión en Español (clic aquí)|
Ferronato® - BH1300-3-A
--- A three-axis Helmholtz coil-set, for laboratory and general purposes.
--- Suited for many magnetic measurements and experiments, in DC and AC.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE BH1300-3-A SET
µT/A (2.0 Gauss/A).
For each pair, X, Y or Z.
Maximum error: ±1%.
(Optionally 400 µT/A, or 2 x 100 µT/A, by modifying the wiring at the terminal block.)
|Maximum field||800 µT (8.0 Gauss) in a steady way / 2.0 mT (20 Gauss) during 2 minutes. Each axis.|
|Maximum current||4.0 A in steady mode / 10 A during 2 minutes (start temp: 20 ºC). Each axis.|
|Isolation voltage||250 V DC minimum, between winding and form and between windings. Tested to 500 V DC.|
|Magnetic field homogeneity||
Differences smaller than ±1% respecting to the centre, in a spherical volume of 404 mm in diameter, centred in the coils.
Differences smaller than ±5% in a spherical volume of 586 mm in diameter.
The volumes to ±1% and ±5% are larger along some directions.
|Orthogonality error||±0.2º, maximum.|
|Connection||Two terminal blocks, one for the coils and another for the forms, with M4 screws (Ø 4 mm).|
|Maximum working temperature||80 ºC for the set / 100 ºC for the coils, as measured on its surface.|
|Coil cross-section||Winding: 27 x 13 mm, maximum. Total (form): 30 x 15 mm|
|Materials||Enamelled copper wire winding filled with epoxy resin. Coils forms of aluminium alloy, with interior epoxy coating, with terminal boards in resin/glass fibre (FR4) with covers in PVC. Supporting pillars in polypropylene tube. Upper and lower boards in foamed PVC. Brackets in Acetyl ("Delrin"). Screws in brass and Nylon.|
|Maximum dimensions||Height 1,420 mm x Wide 1,256 mm x Depth 1,309 mm.|
|Weight||77 kg for the BH1300-3-A coil-set. See in below the weights of all the versions.|
|Accessories||Delivered with Instruction Manual in English and Spanish. Assembly Instructions are included when it is delivered dismounted.|
SPECIFICATIONS OF EACH COILS PAIR
|X pair (large)||Y pair (medium)||Z pair (small)|
|Effective diameter||1,295 ±1 mm||1,241 ±1 mm||1,187 ±1 mm|
|Number of turns (standard configuration) (1)||144||138||132|
|DC Resistance, at 20 ºC (2)||12.6 Ω ±3%||11.6 Ω ±3%||10.6 Ω ±3%|
|Self-resonance frequency (3)||2.7 kHz ±5%||2.8 kHz ±5%||2.8 kHz ±5%|
|Self-inductance||160 mH ±5%||141 mH ±5%||122 mH ±5%|
|Secondary field generated by the forms when used as coils (Xs, Ys, Zs) (4)||1.39 µT/A ±1%||1.45 µT/A ±1%||1.51 µT/A ±1%|
(1) - Its is possible to double the number of turns of each pair by changing the wiring at the terminal block .
(2) - Resistance measured at the general terminal block.
(3) - Self-resonance measured with -Xs connected to -X.
(4) - We call this constructive idea "In-Circuit Coil Forms". - Click here for more details -
MAIN DIFFERENCES AMONG VERSIONS
|Pairs of coils included||X, Y, Z||X, Y||X, Z||X||Z|
|Weight, in kg||77||60||58||41||39|
|Minimum pathway width, in cm||130||130||122||90||122|
- These specifications are subject to change without prior notice -
- Note about the internal transport of the coils: When the coil-sets are supplied mounted, the pathways in the building of destination should have the minimum widths shown in the table in above. When a coil-set can not be carried to its final location because some door or corridor is too narrow, it can be supplied dismounted, in which case will be attached detailed assembly instructions, in English and Spanish.
- There is a page in PDF format with views of the all the BH1300 versions, for 1, 2 and 3 axes. - Click here to download this -
- This page in PDF format (for better print and spreading of this): - Click here to download this -
For any enquiry, please, do not hesitate in contact us:
|Updated: 08 May 2014|